Grants and Funding
Bis Sport Grant
Bis-Sport is a non for profit organisation devoted specifically to the cause of assisting local athletes.
It is funded by City of Greater Geelong as well as some local businesses.
Bis-Sport has enabled athletes from a range of different sports to compete at state, national and international level.
To see if you are eligible for a Bis-Sport grant follow the link below for Bis-Sport Information.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A BIS SPORT GRANT
Please send Application forms to:
Sports House - GMHBA Stadium, 370 Moorabool Street, Geelong 3220
Contact Alison Vanderputt for more information on 5224 9130.
Athlete with a Disability Grant
Kindly sponsored by the St John of Jerusalem Knights to support talented atheltes with a disability who are finding it hard to meet the financial demands of thier sport.
Who qualifies for assistance?
- Individual athletes with a disability who reside in the Barwon region
- Teams ineligible
- Sportspeople participating in activities classified as recognised sports by regional, state, national sporting bodies
- Athletes must be 11 years or older and within the talent pathway of their chosen sport
- Athletes must be recognised by their sport as either qualified for BSA membership or have a high probability of future qualification.
Areas of Cost to be covered
- Contribution towards costs of participation in state, national and international sporting events e.g. accommodation, travel, uniforms etc.
- The cost of special coaching activities (classification etc)
- Other costs incurred in sporting participation e.g. equipment
- Membership costs ineligible (BSA financial consideration covers this)
Additional Grants and Funding Opportunities - Grants Victoria
The Victorian Government grants directory enables you to search for government grants and assistance within the state of Victoria. Find here the community, education, legal and business grants or financial assistance which are available to you.